July 21, 2017

What Do You Collect? {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute Friday~ What Will You COLLECT?
It's been awhile, but I am back with Five Minute Friday, the post where I set the timer and ramble on inspired by a picked word for about 5 minutes. Today's word is Collect...

And Go


Collect
Collection

Most of us collect something. 
What do you collect? 
I collect pens.
That's my primary collection I would say. Because I have about 5 million of them. 
Okay. Not true. Maybe more like just 1 million.
The joke is that if everyone needed a pen in town, they could stop by my house and they would all get one--and I would still have some left over. 

Anyways, I love collecting new pens. Sometimes I collect multiples of a favorite. But I get great joy using my pens for the first time. There is just something about a new writing utensil.

What about God's word?
Do you collect it?
Do you store and savor the scriptures in your heart as you discover them?
Whether new or old--scriptures have the power to set your mind at ease. Keeping the words in my heart like a special collection does my heart a world of good. I have my favorites. Just like my pens. I have scriptures that I love to pull out time and time again. And as I do my studies, I collect new ones. New passages that bring me joy. New verses to share with others when they need them. 

Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.
~Psalm 119:12-15

That is one collection NO ONE can ever take from me, that everyone can use, and one that I will never run out of. 

Which of God's words have YOU collected lately?

AND STOP


Have a simply lovely evening and blessed Sabbath!

No comments: