June 6, 2015

Random 5 for Friday...on Saturday

The Pebble Pond
Click photo to add your own link!
1. Travelling is fun!
I love to travel. I prefer to go by plane, but road trips can be fun too. We took a road trip down to SC for one of my cousin's graduations. My parents were (are) in town and they drove while the boys and I tagged along. It's fun to travel in a group AND to not be the one driving. I love seeing everything as we drive. All the beautiful scenery and places you would like to "stop when we have more time."

2. Incidents while travelling are NOT fun.
We had a couple interesting times this week. On the first night at the hotel, everyone was sleeping for at least 40 minutes. When I woke up to a weird sound. A rapid tapping. I listened and realized it was coming from the hotel door. For some reason, I had a sudden urge and calling to get to that door and open it immediately. (something you don't do when it's 1am and someone is tapping on your hotel door). Imagine my shock when I opened the door any my OLDEST SON was standing there in his underwear and walked in telling me "I don't know how I got there. I need to go potty." Mama's heartrate was rather accelerated as I realized he had slept-walk to the door, opened all the latches and stepped outside and gotten locked out. All while we were sleeping nearby. Thank the Lord for His tender loving care and protection. To avoid further incidents, we barricaded all the hotel doors for the rest of the trip.

3. Having ANOTHER incident while travelling is even MORE not fun.
The second night on our journey, the second evening at the hotel, I was working on school stuff with Little Britches and Baby Britches was on the sofa bed. He was sort of rolling around and then suddenly I heard a WHOMP and he started crying. I whipped around and he was on the floor next to the bed holding the back of his head. I got him up and pulled his hand away to find...it was covered in blood. awesome. So I covered it with my hand and quickly asked my parents for a towel and some ice. Fortunately, once we got it cleaned up, we determined that it was a gouge, neither deep nor wide and no stitches would be necessary. Thank the Lord. So we just had him sit with my dad on the bed with an ice pack on his head. It looked much better the next morning. So far I was not amused by our rate of incidents--2 for 2. 

4. Time with extended family is awesome...even when bittersweet.
It was so lovely to spend time with my cousins (mom's side). We hugged and kissed and laughed...but it was bittersweet. For it was the first time we were together since my aunt (their mom's) funeral. Everyone was putting on a brave face and trying hard, but I know we were all feeling her loss greatly.

5. Travelling is fun, but there is no place like home.
 The road trip of my parents, my boys and I was fun. Staying in a hotel can be fun (as long as there aren't any incidents--which there were. see next random note.). But coming home after being gone for 4 days....oh there is nothing like it. When you get to that final turn and you know just 1 mile more. Sigh. There is no place like home.

*****
 photo lisa siggy_zpsfhtaqygf.png

No comments: