June 12, 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch #143

Click here to link up YOUR answers!
It's another week for chats from Patrice at EverdayRuralty.com! I love this weekly bit of randomness!

Do you have a vegetable garden this year? Have you in previous years?
Yes we do! This year we have potatoes, corn (3 types of sweet), bush beans, beets, tomatoes (3 types), watermelon, cucumbers, cilantro, carrots, yellow zucchini, chives as well as some herbal flowers like Roman Chamomile, Bee Balm, Yellow Echinacea, Purple Echinacea and Lavender. And strawberries. Oh and I forgot our favorite vegetable, LETTUCE! We always "plant a salad" choosing to go with varieties of mixed greens. I have Kale this year too. You can read about some of my adventures in gardening HERE.

What is your computer sitting on right now? Desk, dining room table, lap...
Hmm. Right now it is on my lap. We have a desktop, but haven't used it in a year--Love-of-my-Life and I both have laptops and I also have a Kindle. We plan on getting rid of the desktop...just haven't done it yet.

Do you go shorter with your hair in the summer?
Hmm. Coincidentally I am headed to get my summer hair cut in just a few moments. I don't get it shorter, but I definitely have to stay on top of getting it thinned. I always leave a "hamster" on the floor because I have very thick hair. I also get split ends fairly quickly because I wear my hair in a ponytail 6 days of the week--only doing my hair fancy for church. I am so happy to FINALLY be getting my trim. It is about 3" overdue! LOL!

Are you an early to bed person, or a night owl?
Oh definitely a night owl. I can stay up really late and do. I typically stay up the latest on Mondays and Tuesdays because those are the nights that Love-Of-My-Life works away from home. Who wants to go to an empty bed? I catch up on reading or blogging during that time period after the boys go to bed. Our whole family is actually a night owl family.

Tell me something funny....
Hmm. Well we just got a new pair of kittens. Brothers. They are tiny--just old enough to eat dry food and leave their mama. One is very easy going and already follows the boys around...but the other. He's a cat of a different color for sure. He's all feisty and likes to hiss and spit at you. It's hilarious to watch this little bit of fur bristling and spitting like crazy. My husband likes to make him do it on purpose.
The Brothers
Hello Blue Eyes...This is Stormy. 
This is darling little Smokey. He has random gray furs that pop up all over.
Well that's it for another chat...tomorrow it's another Random 5 on Friday! Earlier this week I shared a Book Review {Inspirational Fiction} and a Character Education Curriculum Review--I'd love it if you'd check them out too!

 photo namegraphic2_zps8625728e.png

No comments: