October 27, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal Post for 10/27

To Join--click Here
• In my life this week…
I am looking forward to another “normal” busy week. We don’t have anything going on outside of school which means a normal daily routine! I love normal routine’s, don’t you?!

• In our homeschool this week…
Hmm, I think we are shifting into Colonial America this week. We are continuing studying about space and the stars. I think we will start out state study for Geography. I love that we are also continuing to learn about Patriotic songs…right now we are learning “America”. We are also shifting to adjectives and finishing up our “The Year” illustrated poetry book.

• Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Do you need to spend some time working on math? Like flashcards or the drill and kill style? I totally recommend www.xtramath.com. It is a free math drill website. You can have multiple accounts for each child and even specify what type of math you want them to work on. So if your child needs extra addition, subtraction, or multiplication practice this is the site for you! My Little Britches eagerly works on it trying to improve his time and “beat the teacher” (one of the games). Because of it, his regular math has improved too.

• Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Well, we have people who we are seeing. We are enjoying having my brother stay with us this weekend. We haven’t been able to enjoy having him around in awhile. He made the boys happy and brought them gifts…this of course makes him the favorite uncle right now. We will be happy to see him again at Thanksgiving again.

• My favorite thing this week was…
I enjoyed seeing the eagerness in Little Britches desiring to play his math games. He also enjoyed doing our read-aloud of Squanto and learning more about Pilgrims and Native Americans. He retains a lot of information from our read-aloud parts of history because of him being an auditory learner.

• My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Absolutely having Uncle David here and playing with their new toys (a remote control race car) and getting to use their stomp rocket.

• Things I’m working on…
Well for the blog, I still have a couple books to read for review and a few to write up. I have my “what we’ve been doing” post to share as well as at least 2 posts regarding what we are doing in our preschool.

• I’m cooking…
Well for a potluck at church yesterday I made a crockpot of meatballs, and my much requested, anticipated, always licked clean Mile High Fudge Brownie pie. It’s always the first dessert to be wiped out…always. LOL!

• I’m grateful for…
Family…and warmth. Our woodstove is making it quite toasty with this very chilly 25ish degrees outside!

• I’m praying for…
My cousin who just had a darling little boy. And another cousin who was relieved to learn her biopsy of the nodules on her thyroid came back okay.

• A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…

Have a  beautiful week!
Photobucket

No comments: