August 23, 2010

2 weeks 4 days

Everyone seems to finally be on the mend here in our house. Seth is improved, though still a bit congested; Justin is just finishing out his anti-biotic for his ear infections; and I'm finishing out mine for my mastitis. It was a rough end of the week and one I hope to NOT repeat anytime soon!

Now I just have to start transitioning myself to bland diets. Justin seems to REALLY get affected by the things I eat, though not something like dairy...more like if I have the smallest piece of chocolate, or a small portion of green veggies...than I pay for it during the night. So I need to just cut myself off of things that I KNOW or even SUSPECT might make his tummy bother him later.

Case in point was last night. I went to bed around 12:30am with John. I was hoping to spend most of the night by his side since he leaves for work in Cinci at 6am Mondays and doesn't come home again until Wednesday. But it wasn't to be. I spent a total of 30 minutes sleeping by his side. The rest of the time I was dealing with an awake and crying baby. Not fun. My 4 hr total of sleep for the whole night--on top of all the sleepless nights I've had over the past few days due to sickness...well, it just isn't making me to energetic today!

So I do what I need to do...cutting myself off from certain things while he's still little. Sigh. It's hard, but mommy's just got to do it!

No comments: