December 4, 2009

5 Weeks 3 Days

Dear baby poppyseed,

It's 5 weeks, 3 days today. So far, no nausea and no real other symptoms. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that I've gotten two positive pregnancy tests and no period, then I would wonder if you were even there! I know it probably won't stay like this, but for now I'm enjoying it.

My cravings thus far have been pineapple and sparkling cider. I must say dear poppyseed, that you have great taste!

Your daddy is worried about telling people of your existence, so I haven't told your grandparents or other relatives about you yet. Your brother doesn't know you are there either. But sometimes I think he senses that you are. He pointed to a toy catalog and showed me some things that "we have to buy for the baby." So far he's only pointing at dollies, so I think he's sure that a baby will be a girl. We'll see if he's right.

I was able to get my medical stuff squared away, so on Monday I'll be making my first pre-natal appointment for you and me. This will start my endless sessions of having to go potty on demand. LOL!

I hope that we will get to meet you in 35 weeks. I'm dying to see your face. It hasn't invaded my dreams yet, but I know it will some day.

May God keep you growing healthy and keep you safe...

No comments: